Description


If I get married...

I want to be very married.

-Audrey Hepburn


White Wash

Thursday, December 6, 2012

"TRASH THE DRESS" THURSDAY

Trashing the wedding dress photos have evolved into a very appealing option for brides to preserve the memories and elegance of their wedding dress. These photos also provide a fun way for the bride and groom to express their individual and couple personalities and romance. Some might say they would never even consider ruining their wedding gown because of the amount of money they paid for it., after all, how could one intentionally ruin such an elegant piece of clothing and art?  BUT, others might say they only get to wear it typically a few times for wedding events (bridal photos, pre-wedding photos, wedding day, reception, open house etc.), so they might as well cherish the times of the dress and preserve it through photo's expressing their personality. Besides, doesn't the dress just collect dust in the back of the closet for the rest of your life? 

As I always say though, "to each his/her own!" 

Personally, I am on the fence about trashing the dress as well, but it does seem like a fun experience and you do get the most amazing photographs from the session. If I get married, I would consider purchasing an inexpensive ($100) gown, customizing the dress the way I like it and then use that one as the "trash the dress" dress, instead of my original dress that I wore for the wedding day. It's definitely a fun thought to entertain. 

FAVORITE "TRASH THE DRESS" PHOTOGRAPHS
















































No comments:

Post a Comment